Here are some resources that I find useful.
Information and Learning Technologies studies:
- University of Colorado, Denver – My favorite program for obvious reasons.
Adaptive and Personalized Learning:
- Knewton, Inc. Blog, one of the corporate leaders in implementing adaptive learning solutions.
- Education Week adaptive learning blog posts. An index of recent posts about adaptive learning.
- The Moth, a great collection of stories. Available online, on the radio, or via podcasts.
- InstructionalDesign.org – many resources for instructional designers, including ID jobs, information about learning concepts, and learning theories.
Games and Learning:
- Educause Games and Learning – a collection of articles at Educause about games and learning.
Trends in Learning:
- eLearning Watch – a great source with a wide variety of eLearning resources gathered by Richard Elliott. G’Day, as they say in New Zealand.
- Dangerously Irrelevant – a blog by Scott McLeod, J.D., Ph.D who writes about K-12 school technology leadership issues.
- eLearning Industry – a huge collection of information and resources. Includes job postings, event information, and articles about eLearning, instructional design, and much more.
- the Joan Ganz Cooney Center – innovation and research at the heart of this site. Lots of interesting and informative information.
- Office of Educational Technology, Dept. of Education – has information about national initiatives and resources in educational technology. Be sure to check out the 2017 National Education Technology Plan.