January 2016 to present – Educational Technology Specialist. Currently working with the college administration to implement a new experiential curriculum. Working with faculty to convert course sites to a new LMS (Canvas). Responsible for the implementation and support of a variety of educational technology solutions, including lecture capture systems, computer based exam software, ePortfolo software, and other projects. I also assist faculty with instructional design projects when needed.
- I am responsible for incorporating the Canvas Learning Management System into the college’s curriculum. The university implemented Canvas in 2016 and I worked with a variety of faculty to convert their course sites on the old system to Canvas.
June 2001 to present – Director of Information Systems. I was the Director of Information Systems for the college and teaching hospital. My responsibilities included management of two units within the college, including the Information Technology Support Center, and the Application Development/Systems Administration Group with a combined staff of 9 full-time employees and 1 part-time wage employee.
- My work included establishing college information technology priorities, and providing management oversight of the implementation of ITIL Service Management processes.
- My responsibilities included budget oversight for the two units, project planning and coordination, interaction with the college’s user community, interaction with the university community, and daily management of the Applications Development staff activities.
- Initially, I was responsible for the consolidation of three different IT groups into a single organizational unit. This consolidation included developing budgets, hiring new staff, and consolidating the infrastructure into a single, college-wide architecture.
- Major initiatives over the past 14 years have included significant upgrades to the college IT infrastructure, implementation of college-wide IT policies and procedures, and the development of a hospital information system. .