January 1996 to August 1999 – Manager of Network and Technical Services Department, University Management Systems. I managed a department of eighteen Network Analysts and System Administrators.
- I was responsible for the coordination/management of staff activities during the design, implementation, and maintenance of information systems and network components.
- My responsibilities included working with customers to design systems, developing and maintaining project schedules, providing upper management with recommendations on architecture, and working with vendors to evaluate products.
- I was also responsible for all of the personnel issues within the department, including performance reviews, job classifications, hiring, and retention.
- Department activities include implementation of Web services, TCP/IP services (DNS, FTP, email, and NFS), Unix servers (Digital Unix, Sun and HP), Oracle database servers, Windows NT servers, OS/2 servers, Macintosh workstations, and Windows workstations.
- Network activities include implementation of CiscoWorks network management, implementation of a two-tier firewall, and hardware upgrades. Also included maintenance of systems such as OpenVMS servers, mainframe connectivity, Voice Response Systems, and Help Desk support functions.
July 1990 to January 1996 – Senior Network Analyst, University Management Systems. Implemented and maintained a wide variety of University wide and departmental systems.
- Included Unix Oracle Database servers, TCP/IP email servers, TCP/IP networks, OS/2 based Voice Response systems, Netscape Web Servers, mainframe resource accounting system, Data-warehouse servers, Help Desk support applications, Novell Netware 3.12 LANs, Macintosh LANs using Appletalk, DECnet and Ethernet networks, Windows 3.1 applications, Windows 95 applications, Windows NT servers, and Gopher Servers.
- Worked as project lead on a number of application implementation projects, and worked with vendors, users, and technical personnel to design/configure systems.
- Extensive experience installing hardware components, including RAID disk systems, Network Interface Cards, workstations and servers. I also assisted in management of WAN components such as Cisco routers, SNA gateways, DECnet gateways, 3Com hubs, and T1 links.